Friday, July 1, 2011

T-Minus...TODAY!!!!

Not only is it the end of (the first month of summer) it is also the beginning to (my first month of winter) in Chile.  Having changed my departure date from May to July, I am excited to finally be on my way to my new life. However, with excitement there also comes  a lot of nerves- and I think they have finally started to interrupt my sleeping habits!  But for anyone who has suffered traveler's anxiety before you know the deal: strap on your running shoes and get seated in the plane-as fast as you can! Because once the plane starts not only is there no turning back but (after a cocktail..or two) your hearing is consumed by the constant humming of the engine and there is nothing else to do than to pass OUT.

Putting aside the nervousness, just a few days ago I received an email from my host family explaining to me that for the next few months I will be living in Iquique, Chile.

Courtesy of my host brother, Artemio- here is a youtube video of photographs taken in the city:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2PtkogYTCs

Okay, I know you're jealous.  That just means you will have to visit! As far as my host family goes: besides my wonderful host parents: Artemio and Sonia- I will have a puppy, Canela and two college aged host brothers: Santiago and Artemio.  I have gotten the pleasure to speak to both Santiago and Artemio through Facebook (one in Spanish the other in "Spanglish") and I have a feeling we are all going to get along really well!  Santiago is a DJ at some of the cities best clubs which means FREE ENTRANCES! Seems like I have hit the jackpot as far as host families are concerned.

Well...I'd love to add more into this blog post but I feel as if until I am Just Chilean in Chile I will just be rambling.  SO bye bye America y helllllllllllllllo CHILE!

****Feel free to call up until 10:00PM**** Kisses & Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment